The state of your records is the biggest determining factor in how long your return takes our staff and therefore how much it costs.
1. Completing our provided tax organizer or your own summary (but not both as duplication of information increases time) helps our staff move efficiently through your return.
2. Limit the documents you submit to us to those we truly need (W2’s, 1099’s and K-1’s)
3. Summarize your medical, charitable (for gifts of less than $500) and business receipts on the organizer or on your own summary.
4. Provide all information we need at the same time.
5. When we contact you with a question about your return, provide answers to us as quickly as possible. When we have to go back to a return days or weeks later, we often have to duplicate efforts refreshing our memory.